Interested in supporting our celebration of the African Diaspora’s impact on NYC since 1625? Volunteer with us! We’re currently looking for volunteers to help with our weekly Nerdy Thursday events. Email blackgotham (at) kamaustudios (dot) com if you’re interested.
Sales & Marketing Intern – Spring 2018
Do you love the power of hashtags, market research and email campaigns to build brands, reach people and change minds? Are you hungry to put everything you’re learning about digital marketing into action? Do you have an appreciation for visual art, history, and the hidden layers of New York City?
Black Gotham Experience (BGX), an immersive multimedia project that celebrates the African Diaspora’s impact on New York City since the 1625, is looking for a marketing and sales intern to support our digital marketing, sales and public relations activities. BGX’s interactive tours and forthcoming graphic novel have been covered by The Atlantic, The New York Times, WNPR and WNBC-4, and our founder just delivered talks at New Museum’s IdeaCity, Creative Control Fest and the Brooklyn Book Festival.
We’re growing – quickly; and having you as a member of our expanding team will be a great learning experience. The ideal candidate will combine an interest in digital marketing with a passion for the intersection of art, research, and history in NYC and throughout the African diaspora.
You’ll be supporting the following activities:
– Researching and identifying targets, events, potential partners and influencers
– Social media and traditional media listening and research for industry insight and coverage tracking
– Digital marketing for demand generation and lead nurture campaigns to promote merchandise sales, walking tours and special events
– Research for and creation of media lists, editorial calendars and speaking and awards opportunity databases for public relations
– Research for and creation of target databases for B2B prospects
– Outreach to media and influencers
– Marketing collateral/social media content creation
– Administrative duties such as marketing reports, maintaining activity grids, campaign trackers, inventory record keeping and shipping products
– Maintenance of marketing automation tools such as IfThisThenThat, MailChimp, Google Analytics and Shopify
– Website maintenance via WordPress
– Live social media/event marketing support on walking tours and special events in the area (exact timing and locations to be determined based on holidays, BGX events and student’s schedule).
Contact constance (at) kamaustudios (dot) com with your cover letter and resume for more information/to apply.